PDA

View Full Version : Orange network problems

Latte
26-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi all,

Sorry this is for the UK based guys but anyone having feedback problems on Orange. Now I know the obvious answer in "What do you expect on Orange" personally i think the company like that network as i keeps out phone bills down as there is no reception on the A11 but a lot of guys are reporting a problem where they will be on the phone, the line will cut and all they here is themselves talking, somehow they are getting feedback. The line stays active and connected but both people end up having a conversation with themselves.
Spoke to out IT manager today and he checked with orange, they said they had problems with an ipswich transmitter (No #### Sherlock) but unaware of anything like this.
Anyone else come accross it

Regards

Fatboy

frank
26-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi Raymond

Got to agree. Had lots of 'feed back' problems with orange and have moved to 02 ('bout 15 months ago).

No problems since and I've noticed that I can travel for miles without losing the signal. Not like Orange, where the signal used to drop every couple of miles.

Not that I talk and drive you undestand :)

airconadam
26-10-2007, 10:59 PM
funny enough ialways have problems with my work phone it just cuts of or goes blank and i end up using my own phone which is on 3 and alot better, bit of a apain when youve been on the phone for 15mins tho and dont get the fellas name:rolleyes: thanks

adam

superswill
26-10-2007, 11:46 PM
same here,my company phone is on orange and keeps dropping signal where as my own phone on tree rarely skips a beat

Plank!
27-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like the same problem i had many years ago on Vodaphone. Was not confined to one region tho, happened at random wherever i was in the country.
If memory serves a new sim card solved the problem.

bernard
27-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi

I also have trouble with orange,very frustrating:mad:

Regards Bernard

old gas bottle
28-10-2007, 11:12 AM
i switched to 02 about a year ago ,been with orange since they started,no seriuos problems untill we had new upgraded phones,they were s**t with all sorts of problems, was told it was my fault for trying to use it where there was not a signal !, would not change the phones, had to take a 02 contract untill i could get out of the orange one [expensive] then told them to stuff it, been fine with 02 but all of them have the odd glitch right .

LRAC
28-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Come on guys pay the money for Vodafone, we switched after being with Orange for 10 years and never looked back.

p_p
29-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi All
I,ve had loads of network service probs with orange in the last 12 months, several times i,ve had to use the apprentices phone which is on the 3 network.
He has allways got plenty of service and much cheaper to, i,m going to 3 when they get a better phone selection.
The people who set up the 3 network, started orange about 15yrs ago.

marc5180
30-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Think i must be the only one on here that has no problems with Orange. The signal isn't the strongest but iv never had any problems with lost connections as such.

Plank!
30-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi All
I,ve had loads of network service probs with orange in the last 12 months, several times i,ve had to use the apprentices phone which is on the 3 network.
He has allways got plenty of service and much cheaper to, i,m going to 3 when they get a better phone selection.
The people who set up the 3 network, started orange about 15yrs ago.

3 uses O2 network for coverage. If O2 drops out so does 3.
Also 3 is a bit shakey at the moment, stick to networks with their own transmitters.

p_p
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys

Spoke to orange today, they say if they receive more than 8 calls refering to network probs to there business support dept, they treat it as prority.
So come on chaps pick the phone up and report it.
Thats if you have a signal of course.