PDA

View Full Version : Serious Global Lubrication Problem

Brian_UK
25-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Read a little bit in the newspaper the other day which had a bit of truth in it.;)

It harks back to the old wives tales and similar superstitions - such as - If the earth were to stop spinning then we'd all fall off.

Well that day is coming folks and we're not prepared, it's not related to global warming, which is a bonus:), but does have an energy basis.

Now with Russia interested in drilling for oil at the North Pole and the other nations planning to do the same around Antarctica our problems are about to start.

What happens when they've sucked out all the oil from the earth bearings, will it seize up and throw us off :confused: :eek:
:D:D

Pooh
25-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Brian
we will have to revert to using good old LARD and fit two bl--dy great big greese nipples. Its going to be a hell of a greese gun.

Ian

chillin out
25-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Brian
we will have to revert to using good old LARD and fit two bl--dy great big greese nipples. Its going to be a hell of a greese gun.

Ian
Or we could just send down a couple of condensers from a Chinese take away.

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
25-10-2007, 12:54 AM
-- Lol --
;)

PaulZ
25-10-2007, 06:31 AM
It not going to be a problem problem Brian they are sealed bearings and as most bearing suppliers tell us they don't need any further lubrication.

nh3wizard
25-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I dont think I have much to worry about; when all that happens Ill be worm dirt :D

monkey spanners
25-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I think they are magnetic bearings!

Frudge it
04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Maybe the Grease maufacturers will do a rethink & advise us that we need to use to use Ky Jelly to lubricate the bearings.Come to think of it- we'll all be able to have Dual GP lube kits as part of service kits.Either way - we F---$d !